Tuesday 13 March 2018

Feeling free by Nenya (lost card)

I hold your hand in mine and we are flying over the desert for miles and miles. You're shivering a bit and I wrap my arms around you, shield you from the cold wind.
The palace is far behind us and we're feeling free if only just for a moment. No one who tells us what to do or how to behave.
Your hair brushes over my skin and I can feel your breath on my face. When you look at me, it feels like butterflies in my stomach and I can't believe how lucky I am that I've found you and you found me.
In this moment you turn your head around and give me that smile I love so much. You sigh and look back into the direction we came from.
"We have to go back", you say and sigh again. "I guess so", I answer slowly and turn our carpet around. We fly back to the palace, back to restrictions we're living in but there will be another time to break out. Just a moment to feel free again, one tiny moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment